Memorial IVF, Andrology and Genetic Center provides top quality service with its experienced team, strong infrastructure and modern treatment methods. We have a team of 70 experienced staff. Having accomplished many firsts in Turkey, we are one of the most renowned fertility centers in Europe.
Our fertility clinic was the first in Turkey to apply techniques such as Microinjection and surgical sperm extraction, embryo freezing procedures, endometrial co-culture, genetic diagnosis of embryos etc. More than 9000 babies were born thanks to our experience and the application of these sophisticated methods.
As the leading IVF unit in Turkey, our team has achieved outstanding success in helping patients with issues such as repeated implantation failure and pregnancy in later ages. Through our scientific research and development we continuously refine existing techniques and develop new techniques in these fields.
By using pre-implantation genetic diagnostic (PGD) methods in families who have a risk of genetic disorder, it is possible to diagnose thalassemia, Muscular Dystrophy, Hemophilia etc. in embryos.
Traveling to Turkey for IVF Treatment
With all these achievements, various treatment techniques we offer; our Center occupies an important position not only in Turkey but in Europe and worldwide. Therefore we have many patients coming abroad especially from Italy, Germany and the Balkan States.
In addition to infertility treatment, we also feature Research and Development Studies in our Center; research and knowledge sharing is very important to us; we hosted the 5th World Congress on Genetic Preimplantation Diagnosis; thereby the congress took place in Turkey.
Our Research and Development Laboratory was the first to obtain and cultivate embryonic stem cells in Turkey; we achieved to obtain various tissue types such as functional heart muscle cell and nerve tissue cell.
Our Center has been and will be a leader and an example with its scientific and ethical studies. We are working on improving the success of IVF treatments and developing new techniques by cooperating with the world’s best centers.
First IVF Treatments in Turkey
- ICSI (Intra Cytoplasmic Sperm Injection) in 1994
- TESA (Testicular Sperm Aspiration) in 1995
- TESE (Testicular Sperm Extraction) in 1995
- First live birth with embryo freezing in 1997
- First live birth after blastomere biopsy and preimplantation genetic diagnosis (PGD) in 1997
- AHA (Assisted hatching) procedure in 1998
- First polar body biopsy in 1998
- First blastocyst stage embryo freezing and birth in 1998
First’s in the world
- First healthy baby born after PGD for Osteogenesis Imperfecta (brittle bone disease)
- First healthy baby born after PGD for Lafora Disease
- First bone marrow transplantation and full recovery after using PGD and HLA typing techniques for Wiskott Aldrich Syndrome
- The first ALL (acute lymphoblastic leukemia) case in the world cured via stem cell transplantation after preimplantation HLA typing
- The first AML (acute myeloid leukemia) case in the world cured via stem cell transplantation after preimplantation HLA typing
- The first DBA (Diamond-Blackfan anemia) case in the world cured via stem cell transplantation after preimplantation HLA typing
- The first X-Adrenoleukodystrophy case in the world cured via stem cell transplantation after preimplantation HLA typing
- The first Sickle Cell Anemia case in the world cured via stem cell transplantation after preimplantation HLA typing
- The first Diamond- Blackfan Anemia case in the world cured via stem cell transplantation after preimplantation HLA typing.
IVF with ICSI at Memorial
IVF with ICSI (Intracytoplasmic sperm injection), also known as microinjection, is mainly used for men who have fertility problems. It is when a single sperm is injected into an egg. This procedure is performed under a microscope using microinjectors.
ICSI has very high success rates, especially among couples in their early thirties. ICSI has enabled 95% of infertile men to become biological fathers. ICSI or microinjection is for men who have low amounts or no spermatozoids in their ejaculation, or abnormalities.
Our Center is the first center in Turkey that achieved pregnancy using the microinjection technique. And also, IVF Center and the Genetics Laboratory are located in the same building (Memorial Hospital IVF Center happens to be the only Center in Turkey where you can find all these facilities together).
Contact clinic and get a free quote
Our experience with the Tub bebek was very satisfying, the doctor and the staff were very kind, considerate, profound and very professional. We were hearing good news from the doctor with each step of the treatment and despite being one of the difficult cases, my cousin is now 6 weeks pregnant! Keep her in your prayers for a successful pregnancy until delivery.
Prof. AYGUL DEMIROL, MD